Which specialties are included in the One-Call Program?
How are new patient appointments scheduled?
New patient appointments are scheduled in one of four ways:
- Call 203-785-4081 to schedule appointment
- Fax referral to 203-737-7635
- Enter referral in EPIC
- Enter referral via the web
Who can initiate a new patient appointment?
- If scheduling by phone, anyone (referring provider, referring provider office, patient/parent) can call 203-785-4081 to schedule the appointment. CALLER MUST KNOW THE PATIENT’S BASIC DEMOGRAPHIC DATA AND REASON FOR REFERRAL.
- If scheduling by fax, the referring provider or designee must complete the Pediatric One-Call New Patient Referral Form and fax it to 203-737-7635.
- If scheduling via EPIC, the referring provider or designee must complete all the required fields.
- If scheduling via the web, the referring provider or designee must complete all the required fields.
How will I know an appointment has been scheduled?
Whether the appointment is scheduled by phone, fax, EPIC, or the web, an automatic fax confirmation will be sent to the referring/primary care provider office with the patient’s appointment date/time clearly marked.
Where do I send office notes/pertinent information?
- If the appointment is scheduled by phone or the web, an automatic fax confirmation will be sent to the referring/primary care provider office requesting records. The records can then be faxed to 203-737- 7635.
- If the appointment is scheduled by fax, you can fax (203-737-7635) pertinent medical records at the same time you fax the completed Pediatric One Call New Patient Referral Form.
- If the appointment is scheduled via EPIC and there are pertinent medical records that pre-date EPIC, those records can be scanned in to EPIC by the referring office or faxed to 203-737-7635.
What if I want to talk to one of the specialists before making the referral?
To speak to one of the specialists before making the referral, call the Y-Access Pediatric Consultative Service at 888-964-4233.