When healthcare providers refer patients to Yale Medicine, we know they come to us for our specialist expertise, cutting-edge technology and multidisciplinary approach. Your trust in us, and our commitment to ongoing communication with you, allows us to work together to ensure your patients receive the best care possible.
We believe in the power of ‘we’ and are committed to providing both you and your patients the collaborative, transparent and personalized care experience you deserve. Whether you or your patients are looking for a first or a second opinion, we offer several ways to learn about our more than 1,400 doctors, as well as our range of specialty services.
Find a doctor
Search our comprehensive directory of care providers by specialty, treatment, condition or department — or search alphabetically, by name. You can also refine your search to find a doctor who matches your patient’s personal preferences, whether it be by gender or language spoken.
Call the Yale Medicine Coordination, Appointment, Referral & Engagement (CARE) Center
If you are a healthcare provider and would like to refer a patient, but don’t have a specific doctor in mind, please call the CARE Center at 1-877-YALEMDS (877-925-3637).
Refer through Epic
If you have Epic in your practice, you can make the referral via Epic. Please be sure to complete all of the required fields.
Call Yale New Haven Hospital’s Y Access Line
Y Access Line offers a streamlined patient transfer service that ensures quick and easy admission to Yale New Haven Hospital. With one call — 888-964-4233 (888-YNHH-BED) — referring providers can speak directly with an attending specialist for an immediate transfer. Trained paramedics assist with admission processing, bed assignment and critical care air transport, using Yale New Haven Health System’s inter-hospital emergency helicopter, SkyHealth, when necessary.
Which specialties are included in the CARE Center?
How are new patient appointments scheduled?
New patient appointments are scheduled in one of four ways:
- Call 1-877-925-3637 (1-877-YALEMDS) to schedule appointment
- Fax referral to 203-737-7635
- Enter referral in EPIC
- Enter referral via the web
Who can initiate a new patient appointment?
- If scheduling by phone, anyone (referring provider, referring provider office, patient/parent) can call 1-877-925-3637 (1-877-YALEMDS) to schedule the appointment. CALLER MUST KNOW THE PATIENT’S BASIC DEMOGRAPHIC DATA AND REASON FOR REFERRAL.
- If scheduling by fax, the referring provider or designee must complete the Pediatric CARE Center New Patient Referral Form and fax it to 203-737-7635.
- If scheduling via EPIC, the referring provider or designee must complete all the required fields.
- If scheduling via the web, the referring provider or designee must complete all the required fields.
How will I know an appointment has been scheduled?
Whether the appointment is scheduled by phone, fax, EPIC, or the web, an automatic fax confirmation will be sent to the referring/primary care provider office with the patient’s appointment date/time clearly marked.
Where do I send office notes/pertinent information?
- If the appointment is scheduled by phone or the web, an automatic fax confirmation will be sent to the referring/primary care provider office requesting records. The records can then be faxed to 203-737-7635.
- If the appointment is scheduled by fax, you can fax (203-737-7635) pertinent medical records at the same time you fax the completed Pediatric CARE Center New Patient Referral Form.
- If the appointment is scheduled via EPIC and there are pertinent medical records that pre-date EPIC, those records can be scanned in to EPIC by the referring office or faxed to 203-737-7635.
What if I want to talk to one of the specialists before making the referral?
To speak to one of the specialists before making the referral, call the Y-Access Pediatric Consultative Service at 888-964-4233.