Yale’s Department of Surgery is a premier center for adult and pediatric surgical treatment, providing comprehensive care for a full range of conditions and diseases.
To ensure that our patients experience shorter hospital stays and less postoperative discomfort, we employ the latest technologies and surgical techniques, and perform minimally invasive surgery whenever possible. Our renowned surgeons and faculty continue to push the frontiers of surgical science through innovative treatment and leading-edge research, with the ability to offer treatment options that can be difficult to find elsewhere.
- More state-of-the-art surgical suites at Yale New Haven Hospital than in any other hospital in the region
- Collaboration with the Yale Department of Biomedical Engineering and with industry to develop 3-D bioprinting for the regeneration, repair, and replacement of human tissue and vessels
- Nationally recognized Center of Excellence and designated training center for transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
- Yale’s Endocrine Neoplasia Laboratory is an internationally renowned multidisciplinary research group in which surgeons work with endocrine geneticists to decipher the molecular genetics of endocrine tumor disease
- First program in Connecticut to offer three different minimally invasive bariatric surgical techniques: Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, LAP-Band® surgery, and laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy
Showing 4 of 7
Showing 3 of 11
Showing 2 of 11
- Other Cancers
A Phase 3, Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Study to Evaluate Pembrolizumab Versus Placebo as Adjuvant Therapy Following Surgery and Radiation in Participants With High-risk Locally Advanced Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma (LA cSCC) (KEYNOTE-630)
- Ages18 years and older
Botox type A for the prevention of POAF in open-chest cardiac surgery
- Ages55 years - 90 years