John P Donahue, MD
John Donahue, MD, is a radiologist who specializes in musculoskeletal imaging, especially magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and arthrography (an imaging test that looks at the joints) of the hip, shoulder, elbow and knee.
“I like being part of the care team working to return people to full activity so they can enjoy what they love to do in life,” says Dr. Donahue, who has a special interest in sports medicine.
Dr. Donahue chose to specialize in musculoskeletal imaging because he liked interacting with both patients and referring physicians to diagnose conditions noninvasively and to create a plan to return patients to full function. “I tell patients that I will always be truthful with them and that I will work with them and their primary physicians to best achieve their realistic goals,” he says.
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Radiology
Education & Training
- FellowshipColumbia Presbyterian Hospital (1997)
- ResidencySt. Vincent's Medical Center (1996)
- InternshipWashington Hospital Center (1992)
- MDGeorgetown University School of Medicine (1991)