Our highly trained physicians are dedicated to understanding and treating the entire spectrum of nervous system diseases. We offer outstanding clinical care while integrating cutting-edge technologies and scientific discovery for complex neurologic problems. We have active programs at Yale New Haven Hospital, the Veterans Administration Medical Center in West Haven and Gaylord Hospital.
We have a long history of being a pioneer in the field of neurology, including establishing one of the first epilepsy monitoring units and creating one of the first stroke centers at the VA Center in West Haven. Yale scientists discovered the genes that cause MS. Now, we are performing basic research in understanding the cause of Alzheimer’s disease.
Other distinguishing factors:
- Our Multiple Sclerosis Program provides state-of-the-art care for autoimmune neurologic diseases, including a dedicated powerful 3T MRI and infusion center.
- Our 24-7 stroke team offers acute vascular neurology consultations. Telemedicine coverage is available to outlying hospitals via the Yale New Haven Hospital telestroke network and we provide dedicated inpatient stroke service.
- We are international leaders in epilepsy care with programs for adults and children.
- Our Neurology Urgent Access Clinic allows many patients to receive immediate evaluations and avoid ER visits.
- We offer novel clinical trials using immunotherapy for patients with brain tumors.