Yi An, MD
Yi An, MD, is a radiation oncologist in the Department of Therapeutic Radiology at Yale Medicine. He specializes in treating head and neck, gastrointestinal, prostate and lung cancers.
“I am so fortunate to have the privilege of taking care of cancer patients,”
Dr. An says. “Every day, I have the special opportunity to get to know and form lasting relationships with my patients.” Dr. An is trained in modern radiation treatment techniques, including intensity-modulated radiation therapy, stereotactic body radiation therapy and stereotactic radiosurgery. These cutting-edge radiation techniques, Dr. An says, can target and destroy cancer cells while also minimizing radiation doses to normal tissue and reduce the risk of side effects of treatment.
“Being with my patients at perhaps their most trying time in life,” he says, “drives me to do everything possible to cure their disease and alleviate their pain.”
At Yale School of Medicine, Dr. An is an assistant professor of therapeutic radiology.
- Assistant Professor of Therapeutic Radiology
- Chief, Genitourinary Radiotherapy Program, Therapeutic Radiology
- Chief, Spine Radiotherapy Program, Therapeutic Radiology
Education & Training
- Chief ResidencyYale School of Medicine (2018)
- ResidencyYale School of Medicine (2017)
- MDStanford University (2013)
- BACarleton College, Biology (2007)