Thomas Murray, MD, PhD
Thomas Murray, MD, PhD, is a pediatric infectious disease specialist with expertise in treating and preventing infections in children with lung diseases such as cystic fibrosis and tuberculosis.
“I enjoy doing research in infectious disease, contributing to discoveries that improve the lives of children who are dealing with infections, and learning how to prevent and treat new infections like COVID-19 as they emerge,” Dr. Murray says. “Infectious diseases and infection prevention are rapidly changing fields. I am continually learning new ways to prevent and treat infections and enjoy sharing the most up-to-date information with my patients.”
Dr. Murray is the medical director of the Winchester Pediatric Tuberculosis Clinic. And as associate medical director for infection prevention for Yale New Haven Children’s Hospital, he is part of a team that has worked very hard to make it safe for children and families to receive care in the hospital, he says.
He currently has research funding from the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and is interested in novel methods of surface disinfection.
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics (Infectious Disease)
Education & Training
- Winchester Fellow in Medical MicrobiologyYale University School of Medicine (2008)
- FellowshipYale University School of Medicine (2007)
- ResidencyYale-New Haven Hospital (2003)
- MDUniversity of Connecticut School of Medicine (2000)
- PhDUniversity of Connecticut (2000)