Natalia Neparidze, MD
Dr. Neparidze obtained her medical degree from Aieti Medical School in Tbilisi, Georgia in 2000. She subsequently completed Postdoctoral Research Fellowships at Emory, Northwestern and Yale Universities, followed by Internal Medicine Residency and Hematology/Medical Oncology Fellowship at Yale University. She has served as an assistant professor at Yale University School of Medicine, Medical Oncology/Hematology since 2012. Her clinical interests include multiple myeloma and classical hematology. Her research focus is on multiple myeloma, with specific interests in advanced imaging, tumor heterogeneity and mechanisms of tumor progression in myeloma, advancing and developing novel therapies for multiple myeloma.
- Assistant Professor of Medicine (Hematology)
Education & Training
- FellowshipYale University (2010)
- ResidencyHospital of St Raphael, New Haven, CT (2007)
- Post Doctoral Research AssociateYale University (2004)
- MDAieti Medical School (2000)
- Clinical regressions and broad immune activation following combination therapy targeting human NKT cells in myeloma.Richter J, Neparidze N, Zhang L, Nair S, Monesmith T, Sundaram R, Miesowicz F, Dhodapkar KM, Dhodapkar MV. Clinical regressions and broad immune activation following combination therapy targeting human NKT cells in myeloma. Blood 2013, 121:423-30.
- Malignancies associated with epstein-barr virus: pathobiology, clinical features, and evolving treatments.Neparidze N, Lacy J. Malignancies associated with epstein-barr virus: pathobiology, clinical features, and evolving treatments. Clinical Advances In Hematology & Oncology : H&O 2014, 12:358-71.
- Understanding the role of Natural Killer T (NKT) cells in hematologic malignancies: progress and challenges.Neparidze N and Dhodapkar, MV. Chapter. Natural Killer T Cells. Cancer Drug Discovery and Development 2012, pp 153-167
- Neparidze N, Kriz N, Ornstein DL. Hetastarch haemophilia. Haemophilia : The Official Journal Of The World Federation Of Hemophilia 2009, 15:976-9.
- Neparidze N, Dhodapkar MV. Waldenstrom's macroglobulinemia: Recent advances in biology and therapy. Clinical Advances In Hematology & Oncology : H&O 2009, 7:677-81, 687-90.
- Neparidze N, Dhodapkar MV. Harnessing CD1d-restricted T cells toward antitumor immunity in humans. Annals Of The New York Academy Of Sciences 2009, 1174:61-7.
- Dhodapkar MV, Neparidze N. NKT cells in p53 deficiency. Blood 2009, 113:6268-9.
- Cecchini M, Rose MG, Wong EY, Neparidze N. The implementation of electronic hematology consults at a VA hospital. Blood 2016, 127:1610-1.
- Tainsh LT, Coady PA, Sinard JH, Neparidze N, Meskin SW, Adelman RA, Chow J. Asymmetric Deep Stromal Keratopathy in a Patient With Multiple Myeloma. Cornea 2017, 36:372-374.
- Nair S, Sng J, Boddupalli CS, Seckinger A, Chesi M, Fulciniti M, Zhang L, Rauniyar N, Lopez M, Neparidze N, Parker T, Munshi NC, Sexton R, Barlogie B, Orlowski R, Bergsagel L, Hose D, Flavell RA, Mistry PK, Meffre E, Dhodapkar MV. Antigen-mediated regulation in monoclonal gammopathies and myeloma. JCI Insight 2018, 3.
- Azmy V, Neparidze N. Hyperbilirubinemia following lenalidomide administration. Clinical Case Reports 2018, 6:875-877.
- Song PI, Park YM, Abraham T, Harten B, Zivony A, Neparidze N, Armstrong CA, Ansel JC. Human keratinocytes express functional CD14 and toll-like receptor 4. The Journal Of Investigative Dermatology 2002, 119:424-32.
- Lee EJ, Dykas DJ, Leavitt AD, Camire RM, Ebberink E, García de Frutos P, Gnanasambandan K, Gu SX, Huntington JA, Lentz SR, Mertens K, Parish CR, Rezaie AR, Sayeski PP, Cromwell C, Bar N, Halene S, Neparidze N, Parker TL, Burns AJ, Dumont A, Yao X, Chaar CIO, Connors JM, Bale AE, Lee AI. Whole-exome sequencing in evaluation of patients with venous thromboembolism. Blood Advances 2017, 1:1224-1237.
- A highly efficient and faithful MDS patient-derived xenotransplantation model for pre-clinical studies.Song Y, Rongvaux A, Taylor A, Jiang T, Tebaldi T, Balasubramanian K, Bagale A, Terzi YK, Gbyli R, Wang X, Fu X, Gao Y, Zhao J, Podoltsev N, Xu M, Neparidze N, Wong E, Torres R, Bruscia EM, Kluger Y, Manz MG, Flavell RA, Halene S. A highly efficient and faithful MDS patient-derived xenotransplantation model for pre-clinical studies. Nature Communications 2019, 10:366.
- Early alterations in stem-like/resident T cells, innate and myeloid cells in the bone marrow in preneoplastic gammopathy.Bailur JK, McCachren SS, Doxie DB, Shrestha M, Pendleton KE, Nooka AK, Neparidze N, Parker TL, Bar N, Kaufman JL, Hofmeister CC, Boise LH, Lonial S, Kemp ML, Dhodapkar KM, Dhodapkar MV. Early alterations in stem-like/resident T cells, innate and myeloid cells in the bone marrow in preneoplastic gammopathy. JCI Insight 2019, 5.
- Underutilization of guideline-recommended supportive care among older adults with multiple myeloma in the United States.Giri S, Zhu W, Wang R, Zeidan A, Podoltsev N, Gore SD, Neparidze N, Ma X, Gross CP, Davidoff AJ, Huntington SF. Underutilization of guideline-recommended supportive care among older adults with multiple myeloma in the United States. Cancer 2019, 125:4084-4095.
- Patterns of care and clinical outcomes with cytarabine-anthracycline induction chemotherapy for AML patients in the United States.Zeidan AM, Podoltsev NA, Wang X, Zhang C, Bewersdorf JP, Shallis RM, Huntington SF, Neparidze N, Giri S, Gore SD, Davidoff AJ, Ma X, Wang R. Patterns of care and clinical outcomes with cytarabine-anthracycline induction chemotherapy for AML patients in the United States. Blood Advances 2020, 4:1615-1623.
- Bar N, Costa F, Das R, Duffy A, Samur MK, McCachren SS, Gettinger S, Neparidze N, Parker TL, Bailur JK, Pendleton KE, Bajpai R, Zhang L, Xu ML, Anderson T, Giuliani N, Nooka AK, Cho HJ, Raval A, Shanmugam M, Dhodapkar KM, Dhodapkar M. Differential effects of PD-L1 versus PD-1 blockade on myeloid inflammation in human cancer. JCI Insight 2020, 5.
- Clinical outcomes of older patients with AML receiving hypomethylating agents: a large population-based study in the United States.Zeidan AM, Wang R, Wang X, Shallis RM, Podoltsev NA, Bewersdorf JP, Huntington SF, Neparidze N, Giri S, Gore SD, Davidoff AJ, Ma X. Clinical outcomes of older patients with AML receiving hypomethylating agents: a large population-based study in the United States. Blood Advances 2020, 4:2192-2201.
- Chromosome 1 abnormalities and survival of patients with multiple myeloma in the era of novel agents.Giri S, Huntington SF, Wang R, Zeidan AM, Podoltsev N, Gore SD, Ma X, Gross CP, Davidoff AJ, Neparidze N. Chromosome 1 abnormalities and survival of patients with multiple myeloma in the era of novel agents. Blood Advances 2020, 4:2245-2253.
- Endotheliopathy in COVID-19-associated coagulopathy: evidence from a single-centre, cross-sectional study.Goshua G, Pine AB, Meizlish ML, Chang CH, Zhang H, Bahel P, Baluha A, Bar N, Bona RD, Burns AJ, Dela Cruz CS, Dumont A, Halene S, Hwa J, Koff J, Menninger H, Neparidze N, Price C, Siner JM, Tormey C, Rinder HM, Chun HJ, Lee AI. Endotheliopathy in COVID-19-associated coagulopathy: evidence from a single-centre, cross-sectional study. The Lancet. Haematology 2020, 7:e575-e582.
- Patell R, Midha S, Kimani S, Martin R, Neparidze N, Jaglal M, Freed J, Key NS. Variability in Institutional Guidance for COVID-19-Associated Coagulopathy in the United States. Thrombosis And Haemostasis 2020, 120:1725-1732.
- Smilow Multiple Myeloma and Gammopathies ProgramSmilow Cancer Hospital Care Center - North Haven6 Devine StreetNorth Haven, CT, 06473