Melissa Young, MD, PhD
Melissa Young, MD, PhD, is a therapeutic radiologist who specializes in treating head and neck, breast, and gynecologic cancers with radiation therapy.
“The ability to play an integral role in how a patient’s cancer is treated—and possibly cured—is a rewarding experience,” Dr. Young says. “I value being able to support my patients through the challenges of cancer therapy.”
Dr. Young says she appreciates collaborating with colleagues from different disciplines to create the best treatment plan for patients with complicated cancers. “That extra support helps strengthen my patient care relationships during and after treatment,” she says.
Dr. Young is the director of Yale Medicine’s Head & Neck Radiotherapy program.
- Assistant Professor of Therapeutic Radiology
- Medical Director, Trumbull Radiation Oncology Center, Therapeutic Radiology
- Chief, Head and Neck Radiotherapy Program, Therapeutic Radiology
Education & Training
- ResidentYale School of Medicine (2015)
- MDUniversity of Texas Southwestern Medical School (2010)
- PhDUniversity of Texas Southwestern Medical School (2010)