Sangini S Sheth, MD, MPH, FACOG
Sangini S. Sheth, MD, MPH, is equally at home caring for patients and mentoring young doctors. “I deeply enjoy the great breadth and depth of obstetrics and gynecology—discussing preventive medicine in clinic one day and performing complex surgery with advanced technology the next,” she says.
In clinical practice, Dr. Sheth is passionate about providing a full range of gynecologic services to women in all stages of life, from cervical cancer prevention and prenatal care, to advanced treatments and surgery for such conditions as fibroids and abnormal uterine bleeding. Her roles as both educator and academic at Yale School of Medicine informs the care she provides her patients. “I'm excited to be a frontline provider with a researcher's lens,” Dr. Sheth says.
Dr. Sheth is particularly sensitive to those who may feel marginalized by age, race or ethnicity, and women living with HIV. “The field of women's reproductive health is inherently linked to social and political advocacy, and provides many opportunities to address health disparities and bring evidence-based medicine to all patients,” she says. She is an assistant professor of obstetrics, gynecology and reproductive sciences at Yale School of Medicine.
- Associate Professor, Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences
- Director of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (DEI), Obstetrics, Gynecology & Reproductive Sciences
- Associate Chief, Gynecologic Specialties
- Director of Colposcopy and Cervical Dysplasia, Gynecologic Specialties
Education & Training
- Board CertificationAB of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Obstetrics & Gynecology (2015) (2015)
- ResidencyJohns Hopkins Hospital (2013)
- InternshipJohns Hopkins Hospital (2010)
- MDJohns Hopkins University School of Medicine (2009)
- MPHJohns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health (2008)
- BSYale University, Molecular, Cellular, Developmental Biology (2003)
- ગુજરાતી (Gujarati)
- हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Español (Spanish)