Robert Ramak Attaran, FACC, FASE, FSCAI, RPVI, MBBS
Robert Attaran, MBBS, is a specialist in cardiovascular medicine and interventional cardiology. He is experienced in minimally invasive procedures for the treatment of vascular diseases, including coronary, peripheral arterial, and venous diseases.
“It is such a joy and privilege to save someone's life or limb,” Dr. Attaran says. “It is challenging, stimulating, and crosses disciplines. It requires both reasoning and dexterity.” His goal is always to provide the best possible care for each new patient. “I tell them I'll advocate for them and always have their best interests at heart. If I won't recommend something to my own family, I won't recommend it to my patients.”
While his priority is patient care, Dr. Attaran is involved in several national and international research studies in the field of cardiovascular disease interventions that he hopes will continue to improve the care he can provide. “We have so much yet to learn about the mysteries of the human body and how to treat or prevent disease,” he says.
- Assistant Professor of Medicine (Cardiology)
- Director Interventional Cardiology Fellowship, Cardiovascular Medicine
- Director Endovascular Fellowship, Cardiovascular Medicine
Education & Training
- FellowshipYale University (2011)
- FellowshipUniversity of Arizona (2010)
- ResidencyUniversity of Arizona (2007)
- ResidencyUniversity College London Hospitals (2003)
- ResidencyGuy's & St. Thomas Hospitals London (2002)
- InternshipRoyal Hallamshire Hospital (2001)
- MBBSUniversity of Sheffield (2000)
- BSUniversity of Toronto (1994)