Interventional Cardiology Program
We have a robust history in advancing the practice of cardiovascular catheterization and intervention, and we offer a full spectrum of cardiac care in our state-of-the-art facilities. We care for patients throughout the region at locations throughout Connecticut, and are a national and international referral center for specialty percutaneous interventional procedures, commonly known as angioplasty.
Our physicians specialize in complex coronary disease, structural heart disease, and peripheral vascular diseases, and we operate one of the largest carotid artery disease programs in New England. We also have a Comprehensive Coronary Physiology Program that provides care for patients with chest pain that is chronic, unexplained or difficult to manage.
Our interventions include:
- Transradial coronary intervention
- Coronary chronic total occlusion recanalization and coronary reentry transcatheter aortic valve implantation
- Intravascular ultrasound and physiologic translesional pressure assessment
- Rotational atherectomy
- Proximal and distal embolic protection
- Drug eluting stents
- Advanced hemodynamic support
- Atrial septal defect, patent foramen ovale, and ventricular septal defect closure
- Alcohol septal ablation for hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Aortic and mitral valvuloplasty
- Left main and multivessel percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI)
- Various peripheral vascular interventions