Leslie Scoutt, MD
Leslie Scoutt, MD, is a radiologist who specializes in diagnostic ultrasound, with a particular interest in diagnosing vascular and gynecologic conditions using ultrasound. She sees pregnant women during their first trimester and performs sonohysterograms, a type of ultrasound used to examine a woman’s uterus. She also performs transrectal ultrasound to evaluate anal incontinence.
Dr. Scoutt specializes in ultrasound imaging of liver and kidney transplant patients, as well as all types of vascular ultrasound, including for patients with peripheral vascular disease, patients at risk for abdominal aortic aneurysms, renovascular hypertension, and carotid pathology, and for patients with pre- and post-interventional vascular procedures such as hemodialysis access and stent placement.
“Each imaging test is like a puzzle,” Dr. Scoutt says. “Imaging tests are an extremely important part of the diagnostic algorithm, so I feel like I’m actively contributing to patient care and management with each one.”
She says she enjoys answering patients’ questions and teaching them about their condition.
“I try to address their concerns and be supportive,” Dr. Scoutt says. “I tell them there is hope with continuous advances in medicine, but also that I don’t always have all the answers.”
Her research focuses on imaging vascular conditions and pelvic ultrasound.
- Professor of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging
- Medical Director, Non-Invasive Vascular Lab, Clinical Radiology
Education & Training
- MAYale University, Arts (2002)
- FellowYale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT (1987)
- ResidentBeth Isreal Hospital, Boston, MA (1985)
- ResidentUniversity Hospital (1981)
- InternUniversity Hospital, Boston, MA (1979)
- MDUniversity of Rochester, Medicine (1978)
- BAWesleyan University, Biology (1974)