Jane Kanowitz, MD
Jane Kanowitz, MD, has been a medical oncologist for more than 25 years. She has special expertise in women’s cancers and geriatrics. She has cared for patients with breast, colon, lung, and ovarian cancers.
“My patients appreciate my warmth,” Dr. Kanowitz says. “I cherish the privilege of participating in the care of patients, their families, and loved ones as we journey through the treatment process together. I take pride in providing the same level of care I expect to receive for myself and my loved ones.”
Before joining Yale Medicine, Dr. Kanowitz was medical director for oncology services at Bristol Hospital. Prior to that she worked at Mid-Hudson Hematology/Oncology in Cornwall, NY, where she established an accredited breast cancer program. Her patients have praised her warmth, concern, and humor, and greatly appreciate her commitment to personalized care.
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine (Medical Oncology)
- Medical Director, Smilow Cancer Hospital Care Center in North Haven
Education & Training
- FellowshipMemorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (1995)
- ResidencySaint Vincent's Hospital and Medical Center (1993)
- MDWeill Cornell Medical Colleg (1990)