Carlos Oliveira, MD, PhD
Pediatric Infectious Diseases
Learn more about telehealth
Telehealth is available
Patient type treated
Accepting new patients
From patients or physicians
Board Certified in
Pediatric Infectious Disease and Pediatrics
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics (Infectious Disease)
- Director, Congenital Infectious Diseases
- Faculty, Pediatrics Infectious Diseases and Global Health
- Clinical Scholar, Clinical Research at Yale
Education & Training
- Infectious Diseases FellowshipYale School of Medicine (2016)
- Health Services ResearchYale University (2015)
- Pediatrics ResidencyChildren’s Medical Center, University Of Texas Southwestern, Department of Pediatrics (2013)
- PhDYale Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, Investigative Medicine
- MDUniversity of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Honors & Recognitions
- Paul S. Goldstein, MD Lectureship: Department of Pediatrics (2020)
- KL2 Award: NIH/NCATS (2019)
- Research Fellowship: American Cancer Society (2017)
- Clinical Health Services and Policy Research Award: Robert E. Leet and Clara Guthrie Patterson Trust (2017)
- TL1 Award: NIH/NCATS (2016)
- Dr. Herbert Robbins Lectureship: College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, Dallas Baptist University (2016)
- Yale Clinical Scholar: Yale Center for Clinical Investigation (2016), (2019)
- Clinical Research LRP Award: NIH (2015), (2017)
- Clinical Case Presentation Travel Award: Easter Society of Pediatric Research (2015)
- Pediatric Research Award: Texas Pediatric Society (2013)
- AB of Pediatrics, Pediatric Infectious Disease (2017)
- AB of Pediatrics, Pediatrics (2013)
- Pediatric COVID-19 Task Force (2020 - Present): Chair
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (2020 - Present): Panel on Seasonal and Pandemic Influenza Prevention and Control
- Yakely AE, Niccolai LM, Oliveira CR. Trends in Anogenital Wart Diagnoses in Connecticut, 2013-2017. JAMA Network Open 2020, 3:e1920168.
- Feasibility and Accuracy of a Computer-Assisted Self-Interviewing Instrument to Ascertain Prior Immunization With Human Papillomavirus Vaccine by Self-Report: Cross-Sectional Analysis.Oliveira CR, Avni-Singer L, Badaro G, Sullivan EL, Sheth SS, Shapiro ED, Niccolai LM. Feasibility and Accuracy of a Computer-Assisted Self-Interviewing Instrument to Ascertain Prior Immunization With Human Papillomavirus Vaccine by Self-Report: Cross-Sectional Analysis. JMIR Medical Informatics 2020, 8:e16487.
- Compliance with cervical cancer screening guidelines in young female patients: rates and trends of screening in New Haven County, CT.Oliveira CR, Hosier H, Pate B, Niccolai LM, Sheth SS, Vash-Margita A. Compliance with cervical cancer screening guidelines in young female patients: rates and trends of screening in New Haven County, CT. American Journal Of Obstetrics And Gynecology 2019, 221:530-532.
- Oliveira CR, Morriss MC, Mistrot JG, Cantey JB, Doern CD, Sánchez PJ. Brain magnetic resonance imaging of infants with bacterial meningitis. The Journal Of Pediatrics 2014, 165:134-9.
- Oliveira CR, Baltimore RS. Complications of vaccination with bacille Calmette-Guérin. Clinical Pediatrics 2014, 53:914-6.
- Oliveira CR, Shapiro ED. Lyme Arthritis and Clinical Judgment. Pediatrics 2020, 145.
- Oliveira CR, Rock RM, Shapiro ED, Xu X, Lundsberg L, Zhang LB, Gariepy A, Illuzzi JL, Sheth SS. Missed opportunities for HPV immunization among young adult women. American Journal Of Obstetrics And Gynecology 2018, 218:326.e1-326.e7.
- Influenza-like illness in an urban community of Salvador, Brazil: incidence, seasonality and risk factors.Oliveira CR, Costa GS, Paploski IA, Kikuti M, Kasper AM, Silva MM, Tavares AS, Cruz JS, Queiroz TL, Lima HC, Calcagno J, Reis MG, Weinberger DM, Shapiro ED, Ko AI, Ribeiro GS. Influenza-like illness in an urban community of Salvador, Brazil: incidence, seasonality and risk factors. BMC Infectious Diseases 2016, 16:125.
- Assessing sociodemographic differences in human papillomavirus vaccine impact studies in the United States: a systematic review using narrative synthesis.Avni-Singer LR, Yakely A, Sheth SS, Shapiro ED, Niccolai LM, Oliveira CR. Assessing sociodemographic differences in human papillomavirus vaccine impact studies in the United States: a systematic review using narrative synthesis. Public Health 2020, 178:137-150.
- Oliveira CR, Shapiro ED. Update on persistent symptoms associated with Lyme disease. Current Opinion In Pediatrics 2015, 27:100-4.
- Deshmukh U, Oliveira CR, Griggs S, Coleman E, Avni-Singer L, Pathy S, Shapiro ED, Sheth SS. Impact of a clinical interventions bundle on uptake of HPV vaccine at an OB/GYN clinic. Vaccine 2018, 36:3599-3605.
- Human Papillomavirus Vaccination and Anogenital Warts: A Systematic Review of Impact and Effectiveness in the United States.Yakely AE, Avni-Singer L, Oliveira CR, Niccolai LM. Human Papillomavirus Vaccination and Anogenital Warts: A Systematic Review of Impact and Effectiveness in the United States. Sexually Transmitted Diseases 2019, 46:213-220.
- Natural Language Processing for Surveillance of Cervical and Anal Cancer and Precancer: Algorithm Development and Split-Validation Study.Oliveira CR, Niccolai P, Ortiz A, Sheth SS, Shapiro ED, Niccolai LM, Brandt CA. Natural Language Processing for Surveillance of Cervical and Anal Cancer and Precancer: Algorithm Development and Split-Validation Study. JMIR Medical Informatics 2020, 8:e20826.
- Gievers LL, Holmes AV, Loyal J, Larson IA, Oliveira CR, Waldman EH, Khaki S. Ethical and Public Health Implications of Targeted Screening for Congenital Cytomegalovirus. Pediatrics 2020, 146.
- Chiotos K, Hayes M, Kimberlin DW, Jones SB, James SH, Pinninti SG, Yarbrough A, Abzug MJ, MacBrayne CE, Soma VL, Dulek DE, Vora SB, Waghmare A, Wolf J, Olivero R, Grapentine S, Wattier RL, Bio L, Cross SJ, Dillman NO, Downes KJ, Oliveira CR, Timberlake K, Young J, Orscheln RC, Tamma PD, Schwenk HT, Zachariah P, Aldrich ML, Goldman DL, Groves HE, Rajapakse NS, Lamb GS, Tribble AC, Hersh AL, Thorell EA, Denison MR, Ratner AJ, Newland JG, Nakamura MM. Multicenter interim guidance on use of antivirals for children with COVID-19/SARS-CoV-2. Journal Of The Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society 2020.
- Oliveira CR, Niu YS, Einarsdottir HM, Niccolai LM, Shapiro ED. Disparities in the Epidemiology of Anal Cancer: A Cross-Sectional Time Series. Health Equity 2020, 4:382-385.
- Avni-Singer L, Oliveira CR, Torres A, Shapiro ED, Niccolai LM, Sheth SS. Evaluation of an Inpatient Postpartum Human Papillomavirus Immunization Program. Obstetrics And Gynecology 2020, 136:1006-1015.
- SARS-CoV-2 Clinical Syndromes and Predictors of Disease Severity in Hospitalized Children and Youth.Fernandes DM, Oliveira CR, Guerguis S, Eisenberg R, Choi J, Kim M, Abdelhemid A, Agha R, Agarwal S, Aschner JL, Avner JR, Ballance C, Bock J, Bhavsar SM, Campbell M, Clouser KN, Gesner M, Goldman DL, Hammerschlag MR, Hymes S, Howard A, Jung HJ, Kohlhoff S, Kojaoghlanian T, Lewis R, Nachman S, Naganathan S, Paintsil E, Pall H, Sy S, Wadowski S, Zirinsky E, Cabana MD, Herold BC. SARS-CoV-2 Clinical Syndromes and Predictors of Disease Severity in Hospitalized Children and Youth. The Journal Of Pediatrics 2020.
- Yale Pediatric Infectious DiseaseYale New Haven Hospital20 York StreetNew Haven, CT, 06510
- Pediatric and Adolescent HIVYale New Haven Children's Hospital1 Park StreetNew Haven, CT, 06504
- Yale Congenital CMV ClinicYale New Haven Children's Hospital1 Park StreetNew Haven, CT, 06504