Amit Mahajan, MD
Amit Mahajan, MD, is a radiologist in the Department of Radiology & Biomedical Imaging who specializes in neuroradiology. He provides expertise in diagnosing head and neck cancers and other head and neck-related conditions. In addition, Dr. Mahajan performs procedures such as spine and neck biopsies, lumbar punctures, and myelograms (a type of imaging that uses contrast dye to detect spinal cord conditions).
“My goal is to keep patients comfortable during the procedure and make sure they are pleased with our services,” he says. “I also enjoy collaborating with other specialists to make the right decisions for our patients.” When referred for radiologic imaging and procedures, there’s one thing Dr. Mahajan wants people to know: “You are in the right place—we will do everything in our capacity to get you the care that you deserve,” he says.
At Yale School of Medicine, Dr. Mahajan is an assistant professor of radiology and biomedical imaging.
- Assistant Professor of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging
Education & Training
- FellowshipYale University School of Medicine (2010)
- FellowshipYale University School of Medicine (2003)
- ResidencyHospital of St. Raphael (2001)
- InternshipHospital of St. Raphael (1999)
- ResidencyAll India Institute of Medical Sciences (1998)
- MDArmed Forces Medical College (1991)