The largest center for specialty dermatology in Connecticut, Yale’s Department of Dermatology is among the oldest in the United States. Our doctors and nurses provide safe, compassionate, and innovative care to all members of our community. We offer treatment for skin conditions, all of which can interfere with quality of life.
Cutting-edge therapies are often the only hope for patients with resistant dermatologic illness, which affects the whole skin surface. Our physicians are deeply rooted in research, including the exploration of new technologies such as photopheresis for cutaneous T-cell lymphoma and graft-versus-host disease. Our patients often benefit from early access to new treatments and therapies discovered by researchers at Yale.
- Specialized clinics for organ transplant patients, photopheresis, ichthyosis, and inherited skin disease
- One of two centers in the state with a pigmented lesion clinic, phototherapy center, and cutaneous lymphoma clinic
- Cutting-edge microscopically controlled excision (Mohs technique) for recurrence of high-risk cancers
- Technically advanced referral center for expert diagnosis of benign and malignant skin disorders
- Large dermatopathology lab, which processes 75,000 patient biopsies annually