Thomas V. Martin, MD
Thomas V. Martin, MD, is a urologist who focuses on minimally invasive surgical approaches to urologic cancers, urinary tract stone disease and prostate disease. His clinical interests also focus on prostate and kidney cancer surgery, robotic surgery, stone surgery and benign prostatic hyperplasia. Dr. Martin performed the first laparoscopic urologic procedures at the Hospital of St. Raphael before it became part of Yale New Haven Hospital and was involved in the establishment of the first robotic surgery program in Southern Connecticut.
Dr. Martin has led multiple efforts to ensure that the newest technological advances in surgery and urology are available to the patients served by his practice. Connecticut Magazine has included Dr. Martin in its annual list of the state’s Top Doctors.
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Urology
Education & Training
- FellowshipNew York Hospital/Cornell University Medical Center (1996)
- ResidencyYale-New Haven Hospital (1994)
- MDUniversity of Connecticut (1989)
- BSGeorgetown University (1985)