Mahan Mathur, MD
Mahan Mathur, MD, is a radiologist in Yale Medicine’s Department of Radiology & Biomedical Imaging who specializes in abdominal and pelvic imaging.
“Through my work as a radiologist, I enjoy working alongside referring physicians to provide the best care for our patients,” Dr. Mathur says.
Dr. Mathur is the medical director of student education at Yale School of Medicine, where he is also an assistant professor of radiology and biomedical imaging and associate director of the Diagnostic Residency Program. Teaching and mentoring the next generation of doctors—medical students, residents, and fellows—is something he is passionate about.
His special research interests include advanced imaging of the male genitourinary tract, safety issues related to contrast dye used for magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and medical education and curriculum development.
“When you're at Yale, you will be interacting with world-class faculty, technologists, and administrative staff who will always make sure that you are well taken care of,” he says.
- Associate Professor of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging
- Associate Director, Radiology Residency
Education & Training
- FellowshipMassachusetts General Hospital (2013)
- ResidencyYale-New Haven Hospital (2012)
- InternshipGreenwich Hospital (2008)
- MDMcGill University Faculty of Medicine (2007)