Laura Morrison, MD, FAAHPM, FACP
Laura J. Morrison, MD, is an internist with additional training in palliative care and geriatric medicine.
“Serving as a palliative care physician is a great privilege,” she says. “I truly value traveling with patients and their families through the course of serious illness, adding extra support around physical symptoms, spiritual concerns, psychological and emotional stressors, and social challenges.”
Dr. Morrison sees patients as part of the Yale Palliative Care Program with the Yale New Haven Hospital Palliative Care Consultation Service with a focus on hospitalized patients.
“I enjoy providing extra support to patients facing serious illness and their families with a focus on managing symptoms, coping with illness, and aligning patient and family goals and treatment options,” she says.
Dr. Morrison also directs the physician fellowship training program for hospice and palliative medicine and focuses her scholarly work on increasing palliative care, communication skills, and health care provider resilience training locally and nationally.
- Associate Professor of Medicine (Geriatrics)
- Director of Hospice and Palliative Medicine Education and Director, Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship
Education & Training
- FellowshipBaylor College of Medicine (2004)
- ResidencyMetroHealth Medical Center/Case Western Reserve University (2001)
- InternshipMetroHealth Medical Center/Case Western Reserve University (1998)
- MDCase Western Reserve University School of Medicine (1997)