Kevin Billingsley, MD, MBA, FACS
As Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Billingsley is responsible for clinical cancer care across Yale Cancer Center, Smilow Cancer Hospital, and the Smilow Cancer Hospital Care Centers, as well as clinical program development for cancer services throughout Yale New Haven Health. Among his many responsibilities, he oversees quality and patient safety initiatives, evaluates and optimizes our multidisciplinary team structure, assists with facilities and space planning, supports our research mission, and interacts and coordinates with Yale New Haven Hospital's clinical leadership structure.
Dr. Billingsley is an international leader in the clinical care and research of hepatobiliary cancers, and maintains a surgical practice for the care of patients with liver cancer, cholangiocarcinoma, gallbladder cancer, and pancreatic cancer. During the course of his career, Dr. Billingsley has developed a particular focus on the treatment of patients with metastatic tumors to the liver. His approach involves extensive multidisciplinary coordination with medical oncologists, interventional radiologists, and other specialists. Dr. Billingsley employs a range of technical approaches in treating patients with liver and pancreatic tumors, including the use of minimally invasive techniques whenever possible.
In his own practice, and in his leadership of clinical care across the Smilow Care Network, Dr. Billingsley believes that highest quality clinical care rests on a foundation of scientific and technical excellence, delivered with compassion and respect for each individual patient and their family. Dr. Billingsley explains, "It is an honor for me to work with and lead a truly outstanding group of cancer care professionals at Yale Cancer Center and the Smilow Network. It is a privilege for us to serve our patients."
- Professor of Surgery (Oncology)
- Chief Medical Officer, Yale Cancer Center
- Professor, Surgery
Education & Training
- MBAOHSU/Portland State University, Healthcare Management (2020)
- Surgical Oncology FellowMemorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (1998)
- Sr. and Chief ResidentOregon Health and Science University (1996)
- Research FellowNational Cancer Institute (1994)
- ResidentOregon Health and Science University (1992)
- InternOregon Health and Science University (1990)
- MDJohns Hopkins (1989)
- BSStanford University, Biological Sciences (1985)