Juan Bartolomei, MD
Juan Bartolomei, MD, is a spine surgeon who specializes in minimally invasive degenerative disk disease procedures, reconstructive procedures, and emergency room cases. Dr. Bartolomei understands that surgery is a significant step and considers each of his patient’s cases carefully before developing a treatment plan based on their lifestyle, other medical issues, and goals for recovery.
Dr. Bartolomei believes in looking at the spine as a whole. “It’s important to understand the dynamics of the entire system.” If a patient complains of lower back pain, for example, it might actually be caused by deformities in the upper back that are adding stress (and causing pain) to the lower back. In cases like those, Dr. Bartolomei will search for and address the root cause of the issue.
In 2013, Dr. Bartolomei was named a Top Doctor by US News and World Report.
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Neurosurgery
- Vice Chair of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Neurosurgery
- Yale Neurosurgery, Lawrence + Memorial Hospital - New London
Education & Training
- Fellow/Clinical AttendingBarrow Neurological Institute (2001)
- ResidentYale New Haven Hospital (2000)
- MDYale Medical School (1994)