Joseph Renzulli, MD, FACS
Joseph F. Renzulli II MD, FACS, is a Yale Medicine urologist who has expertise in robotic-assisted and laparoscopic surgeries for treating urologic cancers such as prostate, bladder, and kidney cancer.
“The best part of my job is being able to offer patients cutting-edge surgical therapies right here in their own community,” Dr. Renzulli says, “so that they do not have to travel to distant medical centers and be away from their loved ones during their most stressful times.” For him, medicine is a calling. “Being able to help people in their most vulnerable times is something that I have always seen as an amazing responsibility, and I am privileged to be able to care for them,” he says. After a cancer diagnosis, Dr. Renzulli develops individualized treatment plans for his patients, which may include helping them find and enroll in open clinical trials. He also tries to ease anxiety.
“I tell patients to let me do the worrying for them. I have seen their situation before and can take care of it for them,” he says.
- Associate Professor of Urology
- Chief of Urology at Lawrence + Memorial Hospital, Urology
- Chief of Urology at Westerly Hospital, Urology
Education & Training
- Chief ResidentYale School of Medicine (2006)
- ResidentYale School of Medicine (2005)
- InternshipYale School of Medicine (2002)
- MDBoston University School of Medicine (2001)
- BABoston University, Biology (1997)