Jonathan Alan Brier, MD, FACC, MS, BA
Jonathan Brier, MD, MS, is a cardiologist who specializes in patient care, as well as nuclear cardiology, which diagnoses and assesses coronary artery disease, and echocardiography, which uses ultrasound waves to investigate the action of the heart. He cared for patients in the greater New Haven area since 1994 in private practice before he joined Yale Medicine.
“Cardiology is the most exciting field with new advances every day,” says Dr. Brier. But while technology gives him great precision in detecting problems, he also believes developing good relationships with patients is key to good care.
“I believe that the best outcomes result from adhering to guideline-directed therapy, but also from taking the time to apply them to individuals, in a caring and personal manner,” Dr. Brier says. “I enjoy seeing progress in the health of my patients and making them feel better.”
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine
Education & Training
- FellowshipUMDNJ (1994)
- ED AttendingPennsylvania Hospital (1991)
- ResidencyThomas Jefferson University Hospital (1990)
- MDState University of NY Medical College (1987)
- MSMassachusetts Institute of Technology (1982)
- BAClark University (1979)