Jaime A. Cavallo, MD, MPHS
Jaime A. Cavallo, MD, MPHS (master of population health sciences), is a urologist with fellowship training in the surgical reconstruction of male genitalia and the lower urinary tract.
“As a reconstructive urologist, one of the most rewarding aspects of my field of practice is the ability to offer treatments that provide a fairly immediate and significant improvement in a patient’s quality of life,” she says. “It gives me great joy to be able to see patients do well and be happy.”
Dr. Cavallo treats disorders of urinary and sexual function in men including urethral stricture disease, urinary incontinence, Peyronie’s disease (curvature of the penis), erectile dysfunction, and buried penis.
“It is a privilege to discuss these very personal issues with patients, address their concerns, and offer them potentially life-changing solutions,” she says. “These conditions can be debilitating for patients, and many feel embarrassed or reluctant to discuss it with their partners or close family and friends. They may feel discouraged that their circumstance will not improve. It’s important to take the time to listen to their concerns, educate them about their diagnosis and the various treatment options, and then partner with them in selecting the treatment option that best achieves their individual goals.”
Dr. Cavallo’s research focuses on studying the outcomes of current treatments from both the physician and the patient perspectives, and comparing the effectiveness of new therapies to existing therapies. “I want to determine for which patients and which clinical circumstances each treatment is most effective. I then use this information to offer patients the highest standard of care,” she says.
- Assistant Professor of Urology
- Director of Male Genitourinary Reconstructive Surgery, Urology
- Medical Director of Quality and Safety, Urology
Education & Training
- Male Genitourinary Reconstructive Surgery FellowLahey Hospital and Medical Center (2019)
- ResidentIcahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (2018)
- Post-Doctoral Research FellowWashington University in Saint Louis School of Medicine (2014)
- ResidentWashington University in Saint Louis School of Medicine/Barnes-Jewish Hospital (2010)
- BSGeorgetown University, Biology (2002)
- MPHSWashington University in Saint Louis, Master of Population Health Sciences (MPHS)
- MDUniversity of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Doctorate of Medicine (MD)