Gary Israel, MD
Gary Israel, MD, is a radiologist and section chief of Body Imaging for the Department of Radiology & Biomedical Imaging. He interprets CT scans, MRIs, and performs fluoroscopic procedures.
“I evaluate pictures of the inside of the body and look for abnormalities in the abdomen and pelvis,” Dr. Israel says.
He enjoys collaborating with referring physicians. “Every week, I work with gastroenterologists, surgeons, urologists, oncologists, and pathologists to ensure that the correct diagnosis is made for each patient.” The right diagnosis leads to the best possible treatment.
A professor of radiology and biomedical imaging at Yale School of Medicine, Dr. Israel has a special research interest in imaging renal (kidney) masses.
- Professor of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging
- Chief, Body Imaging Section
- Chief, Body Computed Tomography (CT)
Education & Training
- FellowNew York University (2000)
- ResidentMontefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY (1999)
- MDNew York Medical College (1994)
- InternLenox Hill Hospital, New York, NY