Brian B. Koo, MD
Brian B. Koo, MD, is an award-winning physician who combines his training in neurology and sleep medicine to treat patients with a wide variety of sleep disorders.
An internationally recognized expert in his field, Dr. Koo is the director of the Sleep Medicine Program at the Connecticut Veterans Affairs Healthcare System, as well as director of the Yale Medicine Program for Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS). He works with patients who suffer from sleep disorders, including narcolepsy, RLS, sleep apnea and sleep issues caused by neurological conditions. “Sleep disorders are very treatable and we are almost always able to provide simple, effective treatments that can significantly and positively impact quality of life,” he says.
An assistant professor of neurology at Yale School of Medicine, Dr. Koo is also an active researcher and author specializing in RLS, and one of the world’s foremost experts on the epidemiologic research that links periodic limb movements during sleep and cardiovascular disease.
- Associate Professor
- Director, Sleep Medicine Laboratory at Connecticut Veterans Affairs Healthcare System, Medicine
- Director, Yale Center for Restless Legs Syndrome
Education & Training
- FellowshipCase Western Reserve University (2008)
- FellowshipCleveland Clinic (2006)
- ResidencyLong Island Jewish Hospital (2005)
- MDTufts University School of Medicine (2001)
- BAUniversity of Pennsylvania, Biological Basis of Behavior (1995)