Anjela Galan, MD
Anjela Galan, MD, specializes in dermatopathology (skin pathology) at Yale Medicine in the Department of Dermatology, as well as in Surgical Pathology at Yale New Haven Hospital, and at the Veterans Affairs Hospital in West Haven, Conn. In her work, she diagnoses tumors (neoplasms) and inflammatory skin disorders, using well-established and advanced techniques.
Dr. Galan is an integral member of Yale Cancer Center Melanoma Program, where she works closely with a specialized team that includes oncologic dermatologists, medical oncologists, oncologic surgeons, radiation oncologists, and basic science researchers, caring for patients with melanoma and a variety of other skin cancers. Dr. Galan is a panel member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network for melanoma. She enjoys practicing highly specialized dermatopathology, staying current with advancements in her field, and helping patients. Her guiding principle is simple: “Always do your best and treat every patient the way you would like to be treated.”
An associate professor of dermatology and pathology at Yale School of Medicine, her research interests include melanocytic and non-melanocytic neoplasms, Borreliosis, and granulomatous disorders.
- Associate Professor of Dermatology and Pathology
- Associate Director, Dermatopathology Fellowship
Education & Training
- Postdoctoral FellowYale University School of Medicine (2007)
- Clinical FellowYale University School of Medicine (2006)
- Chief ResidentBaystate Medical Center/Tufts University School of Medicine (2005)
- ResidentBaystate Medical Center/Tufts University School of Medicine (2004)
- ResidentKishinev State Medical Institute (1992)
- MDKishinev State Medical Institute, Moldova (1991)
- Română (Romanian)
- Русский (Russian)