Abhijeet Danve, MBBS, MD, FACP
Abhijeet Danve, MD, is a rheumatologist at Yale Medicine specializing in autoimmune rheumatic diseases such as spondyloarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, lupus and vasculitis.
Dr. Danve did his medical school and residency in General Medicine in Mumbai, India, before arriving to the United States. He completed his residency at New York Medical College /Metropolitan Hospital Center. Then he completed his clinical rheumatology fellowship at the at Oregon Health & Science University and research fellowship at University of Nebraska Medical Center.
Dr. Danve often sees patients with rare, complex and difficult to diagnose rheumatic diseases. He takes his time with each patient to make him or her feel comfortable and tries his best to understand and manage the illness. He works closely with other doctors at Yale Medicine, including ophthalmologists, dermatologists and gastroenterologists in a multidisciplinary team.
The most rewarding part of his job is the satisfaction he experiences after helping a patient feel better. “Many of my patients come to see me during a particularly tough time,” he says. “First, they have been struggling to find definitive diagnosis despite being seen by several doctors and suffering from the pain and disabling symptoms. But after proper treatment, many of them see a dramatic change in their pain and quality of life and can do the things they enjoy again. “It’s a privilege to help these patients,” he says.
In addition to seeing patients, Dr. Danve conducts clinical research in ankylosing spondylitis, a form of inflammatory arthritis that primarily affects the spine. He is also an assistant professor of clinical medicine at Yale School of Medicine.
- Assistant Professor of Medicine (Rheumatology)
- Director of Yale Spondyloarthritis Program, Rheumatology
- Co-chair, Safety and Quality Council, Rheumatology
Education & Training
- Research FellowUniversity of Nebraska Medical Center (2015)
- RhMSUS (Degree in Musculoskeletal Ultrasound)American College of Rheumatology (2015)
- Certification in Musculoskeletal UltrasoundUltrasound School of North American Rheumatologists (2014)
- Clinical FellowOregon Health & Science University (2014)
- Course in Advanced Clinical ImmunologyFederation of Clinical Immunology Societies (2013)
- ResidentNew York Medical College/ Metropolitan Hospital Center (2012)
- InternNew York Medical College/ Metropolitan Hospital Center (2010)
- MDSeth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College and King Edward Memorial Hospital (2007)
- MBBSSeth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College (2002)