Jonathan has practiced internal medicine in the Yale New Haven Health and Yale University health systems for the last 20 years. He currently practices at the Yale Diabetes Center at Yale Medicine, the clinical practice of the Yale School of Medicine. He works primarily with patients on diabetes management with a special focus on diabetes technologies. Previously, he has practiced as a hospitalist, primary care, urgent care and athletic medicine clinician. Throughout his medical career, Jonathan has remained active in Physician Associate education, program administration and leadership. Other academic interests and expertise include Health Care Policy, Medical Bioethics & Ethically Vulnerable Populations, Palliative & End of Life Care, Refugee Health and the International Development of the PA profession. He has remained committed to advocacy and professional service. As past Chair of Legislative Affairs for the CT Academy of PAs, he was responsible for leading major health care reform efforts resulting in modernization of the PA Practice Act and improved patient care for CT residents. He is the recipient of several awards for his clinical service, teaching and professional service.
- Coordinate, develop & deliver academic curriculum
- Maintain accreditation standards for academic curriculum
- Course director in behavioral health & preventive medicine.
- Teach history & physical exam and lecture in biomedical ethics topics
- Academic advising & mentoring of medical graduate students
- Oversight of graduate medical student academic assessment & progress
- Program Admissions, Curriculum & Self-Assessment committees
- Clinical practice at the Yale Diabetes Center at Yale Medicine, the clinical practice of the Yale School of Medicine.