General Internal Medicine
The physicians in our General Internal Medicine section are national leaders in their fields, and provide dedicated, comprehensive patient care in both inpatient and outpatient settings at several sites across Connecticut:
- At Yale Internal Medicine Associates in New Haven, we provide state-of-the-art general medical care for adults.
- At the New Haven Primary Care Consortium (NHPCC), located at 150 Sargent Drive in New Haven, CT, we provide comprehensive primary care, as well as specialized programs in traveling health, rheumatology, dermatology, podiatry, mental health, and addiction medicine.
- The Occupational and Environmental Medicine clinic focuses on the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of diseases due to chemical, biological, and physical hazards in the workplace and environment.
- The Primary Care Center located at the VA Connecticut Healthcare System in West Haven is also a major clinical and teaching site, and provides specialized Women’s Health and stroke care.
- The Medicine-Pediatric Clinic is located at St. Mary’s Hospital, 133 Scovill Street, in Waterbury.
- The Yale Addiction Medicine Consult Services provide hospital-based addiction assessment and treatment to patients who are hospitalized at Yale New Haven Hospital.
- Specialized programs in dermatology, mental health, rheumatology, and health care for travelers
- Medical forensic exams for individuals with claims of torture who are seeking asylum in the U.S.
- Specialized program for the treatment of substance use disorders
We are also involved in community outreach and service programs that expand the reach of our research and clinical programs. Our research programs in such areas as substance abuse, occupational medicine, and chronic disease management provide our patients in the community with a variety of opportunities to access care and improve their health. Many of our faculty members are graduates of the Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program.
Showing 4 of 29