We treat childhood cancer and blood disorders by providing patient care that combines the latest advances in diagnosis and treatment with education for patients and families.
We provide the finest care for children with malignant diseases and hematologic disorders now, while participating in clinical research to develop improved therapy for the future. Our physicians work in collaboration with Yale Cancer Center.
- Malignant tumors, including:
- Osteosarcoma (bone cancer)
- Solid tumors, especially germ cell tumors
- Ewing sarcoma & Neuroblastoma
- Leukemia & Lymphoma (Hodgkin's Disease)
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Immune Hematologic Disorders
- Vascular Anomalies
- Bleeding disorders:
- Thrombophilia - congenital or acquired excessive clotting
- Thromboembolic Disease - clotting, including arterial, venous thromboses and pulmonary embolism
- Thrombocytopenias – excessive bleeding, often resulting in removal of the spleen
- Graft versus Host Disease
Our treatments include:
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Stem Cell Transplant
- Platelet Immunology Laboratory
- Platelet Typing
- Specialized care of childhood cancer survivors through our HEROS Survivorship Program.