Sonya Abdel-Razeq, MD
Sonya Abdel-Razeq, MD, specializes in treating women who may require special care during pregnancy, as well as high-risk conditions that can threaten the health of the mother and her fetus. These conditions include autoimmune disorders, cardiac disorders, diabetes and other problems. Dr. Abdel-Razeq delivers babies at Yale New Haven Hospital.
A multiple award-winning assistant professor of obstetrics, gynecology and reproductive sciences, Dr. Abdel-Razeq has pursued research interests in maternal and fetal inflammation, and has also become involved in the evaluation and prognosis of renal disease in the critically ill. She enjoys collaborating with a range of other Yale Medicine specialists. “We have a collegiality, pride, and desire to excel amongst our group of providers that spans not only our defined areas of interest and work, but also reaches to affiliated fields of medicine,” she says.
- Assistant Professor of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences
- Director, Placenta Accreta Spectrum Center, Obstetrics, Gynecology & Reproductive Sciences
- Director, Obstetric Simulations, Obstetrics, Gynecology & Reproductive Sciences
- Director, Patient Safety and Quality, Midwifery Services, Obstetrics, Gynecology & Reproductive Sciences
Education & Training
- FellowshipYale University (2009)
- FellowshipYale University (2008)
- ResidencyState University of New York at Buffalo (2005)
- MDState University of New York at Buffalo (2001)
- BASt. John's University, Psychology (1997)
- BS (Hon)St. John's University, Biology (1997)
- العربية (Arabic)