Marc Auerbach, MD, FAAP, MSc
Marc Auerbach, MD, MSc, is an associate professor of Pediatrics and Emergency Medicine at Yale. He is the director of Pediatric Simulation at the Yale Center for Medical Simulation and was the founding co-chair of INSPIRE, the world’s largest simulation-based research network.
“Emergency medicine is a complex system and our goal is to reduce death and disability in infants and children due to severe illness or injury,” he says. “At Yale, we take care of ill and injured children every day and we have world-class providers here to help.”
Dr. Auerbach’s research explores using technology and innovative techniques to improve the quality and safety of pediatric emergency care. He is involved in grants to develop a video-game simulation for pediatric disaster triage training of EMS providers, to create an international CPR competition for healthcare providers, and to develop the best practices of how to interact with parents during resuscitations.
- Professor of Pediatrics (Emergency Medicine) and of Emergency Medicine
- CT Center Director- EMSC EIIC, Pediatrics
- Director, Pediatric Simulation, Yale Center for Medical Simulation
Education & Training
- FellowNYU/Bellevue Hospital Center (2009)
- MScNew York University, School of Medicine (2008)
- ResidentBellevue Hospital/New York University (2005)
- MDUniversity of Buffalo (2002)