Lei Chen, MD, MHS
Lei Chen, MD, MHS, specializes in pediatric emergency medicine and treats children in the hospital suffering from trauma, seizures, asthma, abdominal pain and other conditions.
Dr. Chen is interested in adapting existing technologies to better care for children in developing countries. Calling the 2003 book, Mountains Beyond Mountains: The Quest of Dr. Paul Farmer, A Man Who Would Cure the World an inspiration, Dr. Chen is focused on “global health efforts to improve emergency and critical care of children in resource-limited settings.” He says, “I am currently mentoring a group of students to build a low-cost respirator for the developing world.”
Dr. Chen is an associate professor of pediatrics (emergency medicine) and of emergency medicine at Yale School of Medicine.
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics (Emergency Medicine) and of Emergency Medicine
- Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine
Education & Training
- MHSYale University School of Medicine (2010)
- FellowYale-New Haven Children's Hospital (2004)
- FellowYale-New Haven Children's Hospital (2001)
- ResidentYale-New Haven Children's Hospital (2000)
- MDNew York University School of Medicine (1997)