Jonathan Siner, MD
Pulmonology & Sleep Medicine
Learn more about telehealth
Telehealth is available
Patient type treated
Accepting new patients
From patients or physicians
Board Certified in
- Associate Professor Term
- Clinical Section Chief, Section of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine, Internal Medicine
Education & Training
- MDUniversity of Pittsburgh School of Medicine (1998)
- BASwarthmore College (1992)
Honors & Recognitions
- Yale Medicine Quality and Safety Award: Yale School of Medicine (2018)
- AB of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine (2001)
- Circulating monocytes from systemic sclerosis patients with interstitial lung disease show an enhanced profibrotic phenotype.Mathai SK, Gulati M, Peng X, Russell TR, Shaw AC, Rubinowitz AN, Murray LA, Siner JM, Antin-Ozerkis DE, Montgomery RR, Reilkoff RA, Bucala RJ, Herzog EL. Circulating monocytes from systemic sclerosis patients with interstitial lung disease show an enhanced profibrotic phenotype. Laboratory Investigation; A Journal Of Technical Methods And Pathology 2010, 90:812-23.
- Siner JM, Bhandari V, Engle KM, Elias JA, Siegel MD. Elevated serum angiopoietin 2 levels are associated with increased mortality in sepsis. Shock (Augusta, Ga.) 2009, 31:348-53.
- Siner JM, Pisani MA. Mechanical ventilation and acute respiratory distress syndrome in older patients. Clinics In Chest Medicine 2007, 28:783-91, vii.
- Siner JM, Manthous CA. Liberation from mechanical ventilation: what monitoring matters? Critical Care Clinics 2007, 23:613-38.
- Siner JM, Jiang G, Cohen ZI, Shan P, Zhang X, Lee CG, Elias JA, Lee PJ. VEGF-induced heme oxygenase-1 confers cytoprotection from lethal hyperoxia in vivo. FASEB Journal : Official Publication Of The Federation Of American Societies For Experimental Biology 2007, 21:1422-32.
- Cloning of an aquaporin homologue present in water channel containing endosomes of toad urinary bladder.Siner J, Paredes A, Hosselet C, Hammond T, Strange K, Harris HW. Cloning of an aquaporin homologue present in water channel containing endosomes of toad urinary bladder. The American Journal Of Physiology 1996, 270:C372-81.
- Honiden S, Siner JM. Advances and Challenges in Critical Care Medicine. Clinics In Chest Medicine 2015, 36:xv-xvi.
- Heavner JJ, Siner JM. Adverse Event Reporting and Quality Improvement in the Intensive Care Unit. Clinics In Chest Medicine 2015, 36:461-7.
- Protocols and Hospital Mortality in Critically Ill Patients: The United States Critical Illness and Injury Trials Group Critical Illness Outcomes Study.Sevransky JE, Checkley W, Herrera P, Pickering BW, Barr J, Brown SM, Chang SY, Chong D, Kaufman D, Fremont RD, Girard TD, Hoag J, Johnson SB, Kerlin MP, Liebler J, O'Brien J, O'Keefe T, Park PK, Pastores SM, Patil N, Pietropaoli AP, Putman M, Rice TW, Rotello L, Siner J, Sajid S, Murphy DJ, Martin GS. Protocols and Hospital Mortality in Critically Ill Patients: The United States Critical Illness and Injury Trials Group Critical Illness Outcomes Study. Critical Care Medicine 2015, 43:2076-84.
- Winchester Center for Lung DiseaseFitkin Memorial Pavilion789 Howard AvenueNew Haven, CT, 06519
- Yale Pulmonary & Critical Care MedicineYale New Haven Hospital Saint Raphael Campus1450 Chapel StreetNew Haven, CT, 06511
- Yale Pulmonary & Critical Care MedicineYale New Haven Hospital20 York StreetNew Haven, CT, 06510