James Dodington, MD
James Dodington, MD, is a Yale Medicine emergency medicine doctor based in the Pediatric Emergency Department at Yale New Haven Children’s Hospital and at Greenwich Hospital’s Emergency Department.
“I care for a wide variety of patients with medical, surgical, traumatic, and behavioral health conditions,” says Dr. Dodington.
He is committed to not only treating patients in need but leading injury and violence prevention education in the community. “I help lead our efforts to prevent injuries across the age spectrum, from making sure children are properly restrained in car seats to promoting firearm safety for teens and adults,” he says. “My hope is that our injury prevention messages can reach patients and families and prevent injuries before they end up in our emergency department.”
Dr. Dodington is also an assistant professor of Pediatrics (Emergency Medicine) at Yale School of Medicine.
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics (Emergency Medicine)
- Medical Director, Injury and Violence Prevention
Education & Training
- FellowshipYale University School of Medicine (2016)
- ResidencyChildren's Hospital of Philadelphia (2013)
- MDUniversity of Pennsylvania Medical School (2010)