Eric Bader, MD, FACC
Eric Bader, MD, is a cardiologist who specializes in electrophysiology, which he describes as the management of complex medical arrhythmias, including atrial and ventricular arrhythmias, by means of both medication and catheter ablation.
Cardiac conditions can be difficult to live with, and Dr. Bader says many of his patients feel justifiable anxiety and substantial discomfort as a result. “That said, no field in medicine is better understood or more rigorously studied than the cardiovascular system,” he adds.
“The challenge of understanding complex arrhythmia processes and using this understanding to achieve arrhythmia cures—in the form of catheter ablation or the implantation of cardiac rhythm management devices such as pacemakers—can result in dramatic lifelong symptom improvement,” Dr. Bader says. His practice includes the implantation and management of cardiac devices such as pacemakers and implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs) for the prevention of sudden cardiac death, and cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) to treat heart failure. He also is a member of Yale's internationally recognized lead management team, which involves performing extractions of infected and malfunctioning pacemakers and defibrillators.
Dr. Bader's research interests include leadless pacing and cardiac resynchronization. Recently, he has been investigating the heart rhythm impact of COVID-19 infections.
But Dr. Bader says his favorite part of his work is talking to patients who feel dramatically better after a medical intervention. “I appreciate the opportunity to see how patients adjust to their new lives and to share in their milestones,” he says.
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine
Education & Training
- Fellow, Clinical Cardiac ElectrophysiologyMontefiore Medicine Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine (2015)
- Fellow, Cardiovascular DiseasesSt. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (2014)
- Chief ResidentJacobi Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine (2011)
- ResidentJacobi Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine (2010)
- InternJacobi Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine (2008)
- MDNew York University School of Medicine (2007)