Anne Spichler Moffarah, MD, PhD
- Assistant Professor
Education & Training
- FellowshipUniversity of California Davis - UCDavis (2019)
- ResidencyUniversity of Arizona (2017)
- Postdoctoral FellowshipUniversity of California San Diego - UCSD (2011)
- Clinical FellowshipInstituto Infectologia Emilio Ribas (2004)
- PhDUniversity of Sao Paulo
- MDFaculdade Tecnico Educacional Souza Marques
Honors & Recognitions
- Resident of the year in Infectious Diseases: University of Arizona (2017)
- The American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene/Graduate Student Travel Award: 57th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (2008)
- International Society/Graduate Student Travel Award: 5th Meeting of the International Leptospirosis Society (2007)
- Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine (2012 - Present): Reviewer
- Ministry of Health - Brazil (2007 - 2011): Board Member
- Reversal of renal tubule transporter downregulation during severe leptospirosis with antimicrobial therapy.Spichler A, Ko AI, Silva EF, De Brito T, Silva AM, Athanazio D, Silva C, Seguro A. Reversal of renal tubule transporter downregulation during severe leptospirosis with antimicrobial therapy. The American Journal Of Tropical Medicine And Hygiene 2007, 77:1111-9.
- Spichler AS, Vilaça PJ, Athanazio DA, Albuquerque JO, Buzzar M, Castro B, Seguro A, Vinetz JM. Predictors of lethality in severe leptospirosis in urban Brazil. The American Journal Of Tropical Medicine And Hygiene 2008, 79:911-4.
- Spichler A, Athanazio D, Seguro AC, Vinetz JM. Outpatient follow-up of patients hospitalized for acute leptospirosis. International Journal Of Infectious Diseases : IJID : Official Publication Of The International Society For Infectious Diseases 2011, 15:e486-90.
- Spichler A, Hurwitz BL, Armstrong DG, Lipsky BA. Microbiology of diabetic foot infections: from Louis Pasteur to 'crime scene investigation'. BMC Medicine 2015, 13:2.
- Spichler A, Athanazio D, Buzzar M, Castro B, Chapolla E, Seguro A, Vinetz JM. Using death certificate reports to find severe leptospirosis cases, Brazil. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2007, 13:1559-61.
- Meningoencephalitis and new onset of seizures in a patient with normal brain CT and multiple lesions on MRI.Vidal JE, Spichler A, Oliveira AC, Lomar AV. Meningoencephalitis and new onset of seizures in a patient with normal brain CT and multiple lesions on MRI. The Brazilian Journal Of Infectious Diseases : An Official Publication Of The Brazilian Society Of Infectious Diseases 2004, 8:115-7.
- de Souza AL, Sztajnbok J, Spichler A, Carvalho SM, de Oliveira AC, Seguro AC. Peripheral nerve palsy in a case of leptospirosis. Transactions Of The Royal Society Of Tropical Medicine And Hygiene 2006, 100:701-3.
- A case report of clonidine induced syncope: a review of central actions of an old cardiovascular drug.Sandweiss AJ, Morrison CM, Spichler A, Rozich J. A case report of clonidine induced syncope: a review of central actions of an old cardiovascular drug. BMC Pharmacology & Toxicology 2018, 19:6.