Andrea Asnes, MD, MSW
Andrea G. Asnes, MD, MSW, is a pediatrician who specializes in child abuse, identifying cases and helping victims cope. “I strive to connect abused children with evidence-based trauma treatments that will spare them later suffering as adults,” she says.
Yale Medicine uses a collaborative approach to diagnose and care for abused children, Dr. Asnes says. “Our team is multidisciplinary and designed to be both effective and maximally supportive of children and families,” she says.
An associate professor of pediatrics (general pediatrics) at Yale School of Medicine, Dr. Asnes is also a researcher with a dual focus: perfecting best practices for doctors to help them recognize and report child abuse; and lessening the long-term impact of abuse on victims. “Identifying child abuse when it presents with subtle signs is challenging,” she says. “I hope to help frontline providers to recognize signs, and arm them with the tools and support to protect children.”
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics (General Pediatrics)
- Director, Resident and Fellow Wellbeing, Graduate Medical Education
- Director, Yale Programs for Safety, Advocacy, and Healing, Pediatrics
Education & Training
- Fellow, Robert Wood Johnson Clinical ScholarUniversity of Michigan (2003)
- ResidentMount Sinai Medical Center (2001)
- InternMount Sinai Medical Center (1999)
- MDMt. Sinai School of Medicine (1998)
- MSWNew York University (1990)
- BAYale University (1987)