- ½ C graham cracker crumbs
- 2 ½ C old fashioned oatmeal
- ½ C sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- ½ C skim milk
- ½ C margarine
- ½ C reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
(Can use whole milk and regular peanut butter for a high calorie item)
- In a bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and oatmeal. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, stir sugar, cocoa, milk, and margarine over medium heat until dissolved. Bring mixture to a boil and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in peanut butter and vanilla until well combined
- Quickly blend in cracker mixture. Beat by hand for a few minutes or until thickened
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper. Refrigerate until firm and store in refrigerator.
3 to 3 ½ dozen (1 teaspoon size)
Nutrition Information per serving
• Calories 71, Protein (g) 2, Carbohydrate (g) 8, Fat (g) 4, Saturated fat (g) 1, Dietary fiber (g) 1, Cholesterol (mg) 0, Sodium (mg) 57
Recipe from Eating Well Through Cancer Easy Recipes and Recommendations During & After Treatment by Holly Clegg and Gerald Miletello, M.D.