- 2 (3-ounce, 4 servings) boxes of flavored gelatin
- 2 C boiling water
- 1 (15 ounce) can mixed fruit in 100% juice - not in syrup!
- ¾ to 1 C 100% white grape juice or grape juice, chilled
***don’t use apple juice or tropical fruit mix – these could aggravate diarrhea
- In a heat-proof bowl, stir the gelatin powder and boiling water until completely dissolved.
- Drain canned fruit juice into a measuring cup, reserving fruit. Add enough grape juice to make 1 ¼ C. Stir juice into gelatin mixture and refrigerate for about 2 hours, or until slightly thickened
- Add the reserved fruit and stir gently to incorporate. Pour into a lightly greased 4- to 6-C mold. Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours, or until firm.
Nutrition Information per serving
• Calories 125, Fat (g) 0, Carbohydrates (g) 30, Dietary fiber (g) 1, Sugar (g) 28, Protein (g) 1, Sodium (mg) 85
For delicate stomachs and sensitive mouths, gelatin provides hydration and calories!
Recipe from What to Eat During Cancer Treatment by Jeanne Besser, Kristina Ratley, RD, CSO, LDN, Sheri Knecht, RD, CSO, CNSD, LDN, and Michele Szafranski, MS, RD, CSO, LDN Sponsored by the American Cancer Society