Cream of Spinach Soup
- ½ lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 (10 ¾ ounce) cans reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 ¾ C canned fat-free chicken broth or vegetable broth – can use low sodium
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, cooked according to package directions and drained well
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot coated with nonstick cooking spray, sauté the mushrooms and onion until tender over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the soup, chicken/vegetable broth, spinach, and salt and pepper, stirring until thoroughly heated. Transfer to a food processor or blender to puree.
8 (1 C) Servings
Nutrition Information per serving
• Calories 76, Protein (g) 4, Carbohydrate (g) 11, Fat (g) 2, Saturated fat (g) 1, Dietary fiber (g) 3, Cholesterol (mg) 3, Sodium (mg) 700
Recipe from Eating Well Through Cancer Easy Recipes and Recommendations During & After Treatment by Holly Clegg and Gerald Miletello, M.D.