We provide specialized services for reproductive disorders affecting children, women, and men. Our providers are specialists in many different treatment options, one of which might be right for you and your particular situation.
The Yale Fertility Center provides state-of-the-art care in both male and female infertility, offering a comprehensive array of services to help couples achieve pregnancy.
We offer a variety of services for our patients across the following specialty programs:
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) Program—this program works with infertile couples offering support, information and counseling, as well as the latest technological procedures and advanced treatments in IVF. As the first IVF Program in the Northeast, Yale IVF has become a recognized leader in the field of assisted reproductive technology (ART).
- Third Party Reproductive Program—this program offers counseling, support, and treatment options for couples pursuing third party assistance in pregnancy, such as donor sperm, donor eggs, and surrogacy.
- Fertility Center Psychological Program—this program provides counseling services and support for couples dealing with fertility issues. Our specialists are trained to help couples navigate medical disorders and treatment options, multiple pregnancies, pregnancy loss, third party assistance, and adoption.
- Endometriosis Program—this program provides treatment for women with endometriosis, a common condition that can cause pelvic pain or infertility. Surgical options can remove endometriosis while medical therapies can often stop its progression. We offer effective testing for this condition as well as a large number of options for its treatment, management, and counseling.
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Program—this program focuses on managing PCOS, one of the most common hormonal reproductive conditions in women of childbearing age. Our specialists treat PCOS through a combination of metabolic need assessment, lifestyle modification, psychological support, and medical interventions based on a patient’s individual needs.
- Perimenopausal & Menopausal Therapy Program—this program addresses both early and premature menopause and the challenges it presents to women. The program offers treatment options for women experiencing menopausal symptoms and other health risks, such as osteoporosis, diabetes, heart disease, and mood changes. We also offer donor egg IVF to address fertility needs of early menopausal women.
- Recurrent Pregnancy Loss Program—this program is offered in conjunction with Yale Medicine’s Maternal-Fetal Medicine Section. Our multidisciplinary team of pathologists, geneticists, and perinatologists uses a holistic approach to help couples with recurrent miscarriages and/or pregnancy losses.
- Male Fertility Program—this program addresses male infertility conditions, which accounts for approximately 40 percent of all infertility. We offer several sperm retrieval procedures.
In addition to our clinical services, the REI Program also offers emotional counseling and insurance guidance for our patients. We understand that infertility issues can be difficult for couples both emotionally and financially.
A counselor can provide important information about treatment options and help to facilitate discussion of such highly charged topics as whether or not to pursue a particular treatment; whether and how to pursue third party assistance (such as donor sperm, donor oocyte, and surrogacy); and whether or not to pursue adoption. The counselor can also help with questions about multiple pregnancy, pregnancy loss, and when and whether to stop treatment.