Renal Transplant Care Program
Our program strives to provide optimal access to kidney transplants to individuals for whom this is the best option. We work in coordination with the Yale New Haven Hospital Transplantation Program, which has clinical facilities in New Haven and at Saint Francis Hospital in Hartford, providing easy access to care for patients in Connecticut and western Massachusetts.
Our dedicated providers offer direct care and support to patients and donors throughout the pre- and post-transplant periods. We also provide a full range of nephrology consultation services for patients with other organ transplants including heart, liver, and bone marrow.
For our patients, we are able to:
- Expedite donor and recipient evaluation for patients not yet on dialysis.
- Perform internal exchanges and participate in two national exchange programs for recipients with medically suitable donors willing to consider this option.
- Schedule a first visit within four weeks of initial referral.
- Advocate for patients who have exhausted dialysis access to receive emergency transplant listing status.
- Provide a medical home for our patients with open access to our clinic on an urgent basis.