Our providers are specialists in providing care for women whose pregnancies require special monitoring, treatment, and care. Our MFM group is one of the most experienced and busiest in the region. We offer state-of-the-art approaches to caring for women with high-risk pregnancies related to diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, and genetic disorders, among other medical conditions that can complicate a pregnancy.
We offer a variety of services for our patients across the following specialty programs:
- High-Risk Pregnancy Program, which supports ongoing care and management for women with a history of pregnancy risks or current medical complications.
- Prenatal Diagnostic Program, which provides expert genetic screening and testing for our MFM patients. Available tests include first-trimester screening, chorionic villus sampling (CVS), amniocentesis, and fetal blood sampling (FBS). After diagnosis, we provide counseling and support networks to help parents adjust to and prepare for their child's special needs and to promote informed planning and decision-making.
- Recurrent Pregnancy Loss Program, which is offered in conjunction with Yale Medicine Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility. Our multidisciplinary team of pathologists, geneticists, and perinatologists uses a holistic approach to help couples with recurrent miscarriages and/or pregnancy losses.
- Women’s & Children’s Blood Disorders Program, which addresses the management of pregnancies complicated by the development of blood clots and other blood conditions such as hemophilia.
Other services offered in our MFM section include:
- First trimester risk assessment for Down Syndrome
- Targeted ultrasound (Level II)
- Fetal therapy, including percutaneous umbilical blood sampling (PUBS) and intrauterine transfusion
- Antenatal testing
- Diabetes management
Physicians in MFM can also co-manage patients with high-risk pregnancies with referring practitioners. We can develop care plans with community obstetricians whether a case requires intensive oversight by the team or consultative guidance alone.