We are dedicated to serving women of all ages with a multitude of conditions including:
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Recurrent ovarian cysts
- Adhesive disease, a condition in which adjacent organs are bound together by scar tissue
- Chronic pelvic infections
- Vulvar and vaginal disorders
- Sexual dysfunction
- Menopausal symptomsCervical dysplasia (cervical pre-cancer) diagnosis and treatment
Additionally, we provide the following specialty services:
- Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery (MIGS): Our fellowship-trained surgeons strive towards individualized treatment options tailored to you, your needs, and your lifestyle. We offer a variety of traditional and advanced laparoscopic and hysteroscopic surgical techniques to manage benign and precancerous gynecologic conditions. Minimally invasive surgery allows for faster recovery and less pain after surgery.
- Office-based procedures: In order to avoid the inconveniences of a hospital-based procedure with general anesthesia, we offer several in-office procedures.
- Pediatric and adolescent gynecologic care: We offer comprehensive gynecologic services for girls and young women.
- Transgender care: We offer surgical consultation for women transitioning to men.
- Cervical pre-cancer care: We provide multidisciplinary management with pathologists, gynecologists, nurses, residents and medical students. nursing, residents and students
As part of our mission of delivering high quality, evidenced-based care, we are committed to serving the needs of a diverse population, including those in our community who have historically had less access to gynecologic care.
We focus on treating:
- Veterans: Our physicians provide specialty gynecologic care and surgery for female veterans from across Connecticut and southern Massachusetts in the Connecticut Veterans Administration Health Care System.
- Women at Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC’s): Working side-by-side with midwives, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants, our physicians provide primary and specialty gynecologic care at New Haven’s two FQHCs (Cornell Scott-Hill Health Center and Fair Haven Community Health Center).
- Uninsured: Women without health insurance face large barriers to obtaining specialty services. We participate with Project Access New Haven to provide free surgical services to uninsured women in need of gynecologic care.
We are committed to working closely with local community-based health centers and providers in other medical specialties to ensure coordination of timely and appropriate care for our patients. We have introduced a number of quality improvement initiatives in our cervical cancer screening program to improve clinical follow up and management of abnormal Pap smears.