Yale Medicine Cardiac Surgery is a team of world-class heart surgeons, devoted exclusively to the cardiac care of adults and children. Our surgeons perform state-of-the-art minimally invasive and traditional operations for the full range of cardiac diseases and conditions, including:
- Coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG)
- Valve repair and replacement (aortic and mitral)
- Aneurysm repair (aortic, thoracic aortic, left ventricular)
- Arrythmia (abnormal heart rhythm), including pacemaker and defibrillator insertion
- Heart failure, including artificial heart or ventricular assist devices (LVAD)
- Heart transplantation
- Congenital heart diseases in children and adults
Yale's survival statistics for coronary artery bypass, mitral valve replacement and aortic valve replacement consistently exceed national and regional norms.
Yale Medicine Cardiac Surgeons operate at Yale New Haven Hospital, Bridgeport Hospital and the VA Connecticut Healthcare System in West Haven, where they work closely with internists, cardiologists and vascular surgeons in pre- and post-operative care. Faculty continue cutting-edge research in aortic surgery, transplantation, mechanical heart and experimental cardiac transplantation programs, as well as vascular biology and transplantation immunology, including pathogenesis of coronary arteriosclerosis.