Robert Schoen, MD, MBA
Robert Schoen, MD, MBA, is a rheumatologist who specializes in treating patients with rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, and Lyme disease.
“I am very gratified when I can make a diagnosis that provides answers for patients,” he says.
Dr. Schoen tries to help patients find their way on their medical journey. “I believe patients seek a physician they trust, based on competence and decency, to serve as their guide,” he says. “Part of the process is letting patients know that a newly diagnosed rheumatic disease may be frightening, but I can use my experience treating many other similar cases to help them,” Dr. Schoen says.
He enjoys the long-standing relationships he develops with patients whose conditions often require care throughout their lives.
Education & Training
- MBAUniversity of Connecticut (2001)
- FellowBrigham and Women's Hospital (1981)
- ResidentYale New Haven Hospital (1979)
- InternYale New Haven Hospital (1977)
- MDColumbia University (1976)
- ABHarvard College, Biochemical Sciences (1972)