Lauren Tobias, MD
Lauren Tobias MD, is an Assistant Professor in the Section of Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine at Yale School of Medicine. Dr. Tobias currently serves as Medical Director of the Sleep Program for the Connecticut Veterans Affairs Medical Center, which serves a large population of veterans with sleep apnea, insomnia, and other sleep disorders. She also has a clinical practice at Yale Centers for Sleep Medicine and attends in the Medical Intensive Care Unit at Yale New Haven Hospital. Dr. Tobias is a clinical educator with a commitment to education in sleep medicine for medical trainees and practicing physicians. She has been active in numerous local and national committees and leadership roles.
She coordinates the weekly State Sleep academic conference at Yale School of Medicine and serves as Course Director for the sleep medicine elective. She is Director of the upcoming 2019 Yale Sleep Symposium “Sleep and the Heart.” She has organized sessions and given invited lectures both locally and nationally and has authored book chapters and articles. She serves on the Sleep Network for the American College of Chest Physicians, has served on the Young Physicians Presidential Committee for the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, and on the Planning Committee for the Connecticut Pulmonary Society’s annual meeting, sponsored by the American Lung Association. Dr. Tobias’s primary clinical interests include the overlap of obstructive lung disease and sleep disorders, peri-operative evaluation and management of patients with sleep disorders; particularly in the bariatric surgery population; sleep disorders in older adults; sleep disorders in women; sleep in underserved populations; and improving sleep education for patients and trainees.
- Assistant Professor
- Medical Director, Sleep Program, VA Connecticut Healthcare System
- Course Director, Sleep Medicine Elective for Internal Medicine Residents, Pulmonary/Critical Care Fellows, and Clinical Neurophysiology Fellows, Pulmonary, Critical Care & Sleep Medicine
- Course Director, State Sleep weekly sleep medicine conference series, Pulmonary, Critical Care & Sleep Medicine
Education & Training
- Fellow, Sleep MedicineYale-New Haven Hospital (2015)
- Fellow/Chief FellowYale School of Medicine (2014)
- Chief Resident, Internal MedicineYale-New Haven Hospital (2011)
- Resident, Internal MedicineYale-New Haven Hospital (2010)
- MDAlbany Medical College (2007)
- BSSwarthmore College (2002)